In our 100th year in Tiverton we are pleased to announce that Michelle Hutchings has been appointed a partner.
Michelle joined Apsleys in 1996 on a Modern Apprenticeship after completing a GNVQ at East Devon College. She qualified as an Accounting Technician and then took further exams before qualifying as a Chartered Accountant in 2002 and a Chartered Tax Advisor in 2004. In 2012 she was admitted as a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
James Goodland opened our first office in Tiverton in 1912 at No 1 Yard Station Road which coicided with the sinking of the Titanic, the first parachute jump from a moving airplane, Scott reaching the South Pole and the unveiling of the statue of "Edward the Peacemaker" on Lowman Bridge in Gold Street.
During the 1930's the firm moved to St Andrew Street and then in 1954 it moved to its present offices in Bampton Street.
The current partners David Wicks and Phil Morrish are delighted to welcome Michelle as a partner and look forward to her continuing the long tradition of the firm in Tiverton.